Selected Recordings by P:
Activitystory is obsessed with audio in all forms. Here are some of the ways i deal with it:
This just in...
SOMESOUNDS.ORG has launched. The crew makes, breaks, and speaks on sound as often as possible.
Making New Noise
- With instruments and machines. Among them: Ensoniq ASR-X, AKAI s20, Realistic ConcertMate 600, Suzuki Omnichord System 200m, Martin DR, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazz Bass, E-bow, Korg KAOS pad, Sony MZ-N707 MiniDisc Walkman, Audio Technica AT-35 lavalier mic, BOSS DD-3 Digital Delay BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal Distortion, BOSS OC-2 Octave, BOSS TR-2 Tremolo, BOSS DS-1 Distortion, Ibanez SD-9 Sonic Distortion, Ernie Ball Volume, Vestax PMC-05, Gemini PT 2000 and PT2000 II, Mackie 1402-VLZ PRO Mixing Board, BOSS Dr Rythm DR 550, Peavy TKO 65 Solid State Bass Amp, Akai HX-1C Tape Deck.
- With cheap and free software: Audacity, NiceCast, AudioHijack, REplayPLAYer, GUidmachine, flow, GarageBand, iDrum, Arturia MiniMoog, QuickTime Pro, Cool Edit, MultiQuence.
Mixing Old Noise
- Playing records in public as the Phonograph Disaster, often in support of The Karaoke Underground
- Playing records at home, broadcasting Record Jumble via NiceCast.
- Kicking out the jams with Activitycast, a very irregular podcast that often features Record Jumble mixes and my own field recordings